Forum Title: Tongue and Groove Pliers
I've been using tongue and groove pliers but not really sure how to use them properly. I've used them on large nuts, but don't seem to utilize the grooves correctly. Could someone give me a short overview on how to use this tool. Thanks for your time and help.
Category: Plumber Post By: MONICA LYNCH (Castle Rock, CO), 03/20/2016

....................... these are plyers that plumbers use. brand name is douglas the top of the tool goes on top of the pipe the jaw goes on the bottom that is the correct orientation

- EDITH WHEELER (Pasadena, CA), 09/04/2017

Right. The pictured tool is the one I'm talking about. Some books refer to them as tongue and groove and some as groove joint pliers. Do the grooves slide into the channels and lock? I just want to use the tool properly.

- APRIL OLIVER (Plano, TX), 09/30/2017

I have never referred to them as tongue and groove pliers. I just refer to them as slip joint pliers and had to Google to find out exactly what you were talking about.

- ALICE PARKER (Kissimmee, FL), 10/05/2017

Guidance, Tips & Support For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-880-2779